Illustration Dissertation Topics That Will Prove To Be Helpful For Students in Dissertation Writing
Truly, it takes a lot out of students when it comes to the selection of illustration dissertation topics. However, knowing the above-mentioned difficulty, the following are some ideas and topics for writing an illustration dissertation.
Illustration topics – As a Subject
The subject of illustration is the exploration of creative possibilities. An illustrator captures the world around him/her and comments on it after mastering the practice of illustration and authorship. As someone has said the real importance of being an author-illustrator is to write as you want, creating your own unique style illustration topics.
Why Is Illustration Important As A Program?
The illustration program provides practical skills with support for individual growth and development. It helps a person to become multi-skilled, confident, and adaptive to every condition.
Moreover, it makes a person grow in his area of interest. Likewise, the illustration program is pivotal for the personality of a person as it aims to make a human being independent and creative who could easily demonstrate his thoughts in the free media.
Subsequently, the program makes a person a perfect professional who can pursue his career in any of the fields: editorial illustration, book illustration, sequential illustration, and animation, and many concepts of authorship.
Illustration Dissertation or thesis
Bearing the importance of the program, it is offered in many colleges and universities where the main emphasis is kept on the growth of the students as independent individuals.
They are supposed to show good adaptability as it is part of the program. At the end of the program, they are asked to write an illustration dissertation. This dissertation has to be as per the course and the scope of the subject. Students are required to show their skills and practical knowledge along with careful observation.
illustration dissertation topics Examples
However, illustration topics are not easy to select, for they require independent thinking, a mature and thoughtful understanding of the subject. These topics must be relevant to the subject and must be goal-oriented for a better future prospect. Some of the important topics are listed below and students can choose one of them.
- How to communicate the complicated problems succinctly through illustrative images?
- Demonstrating working knowledge between the media, the audience, and the illustration
- What are the legal and ethical responsibilities necessary for an illustrator?
- What is the role of graphic art in the social, cultural, and political structure of societies?
- What other areas are closely related to illustration.
- The role of illustration in the knowledge and understanding of contemporary practices.
- Discuss the interrelationship of cognate design and media discipline with an illustration.
- What is the impact of new technologies on the work of illustration?
- Environmental concerns and the power of illustration.
- How can the traditional methods be merged with the new technology?
- Aesthetic judgment and different stages of illustration.
- Discuss illustration with animation.
- The drawing principles of illustration.
- Critical analysis of the techniques – methods and materials – of illustration
- The principles of animation in illustration
- Discussion on the digital illustration
- The history of illustration and its evolution
- Discussion on: sequential illustration and narrative illustration
- Critical analysis of advertising illustration
- Discussing advance narrative illustration
Nonetheless, in writing the illustration dissertation, students must take the latest software and techniques into account. They must follow the orientation and scope of their dissertation topic. Therefore, the dissertation must not be biased and one-sided. And the above topics would help students in following these directions.