Fashion Dissertation Topics: If fashion design is your major in university, you have to come up with some fashion dissertation topics to research about your chosen area of study. Before choosing to do a fashion research title, you must decide first what the focus of your dissertation will be. You can choose to do either research on the history of fashion in your chosen era or a look into the various fashion designs during different time periods.
Check out our related posts:
Best Fashion Dissertation topics ideas for college students
In doing research on fashion design in the past, you need to find as many facts as possible and compile them into an impressive overview. The same thing goes for your research on the current fashion industry. You need to gather all information about the industry and put them in easily readable fashion topics in the fashion industry dissertation.
Fashion trends further reflect the chains of importance, personal relationships, and social power structures inside networks. Finding some good fashion dissertation topics can be an overwhelming assignment necessarily because it must intrigue your supervisor.
Some examples and ideas of Fashion Dissertation Topics:
- The evolution of fashion trends in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- The impact of social media on fashion industry marketing strategies.
- The role of fashion bloggers and influencers in shaping consumer behavior.
- The cultural significance of traditional clothing in non-Western societies.
- The ethical considerations of fast fashion and its impact on the environment.
- The history of haute couture and its influence on contemporary fashion design.
- The influence of street style on high fashion.
- The representation of diversity in fashion advertising and media.
- The role of gender in the fashion industry and its impact on consumer behavior.
- The impact of globalization on the fashion industry.
- The sustainability of luxury fashion brands.
- The influence of technology on fashion design and production processes.
- The impact of cultural appropriation on fashion design.
- The representation of body image in the fashion industry.
- The role of nostalgia in fashion trends.
- Study of fashion: A chronological analysis and study of fashion among men and women since early 1800.
- Dresses and style fashion: The dresses and styles followed by nuns and monks over the past decades.
- Luxury clothing fashion: Does luxury clothing fashion require effective social-media marketing in today’s world?
- New designs fashion: Analysis and evaluation of the history behind the invention of the hat and how it has changed over the eras with new designs.
- Cinemas influenced fashion: What cinemas in the past and in today’s world have influenced society in terms of fashion to a large extent?
- Fashion brand: Brand image and brand identity of a fashion brand, and how far are they helpful for entrepreneurs in today’s market?
- Traditional dressing: Fashion sense and traditional dressing among magicians over the decades.
- The influence of music on fashion trends.
- The impact of economic recessions on the fashion industry.
- The psychology behind consumer fashion choices.
- The role of celebrity endorsements in the fashion industry.
- The impact of political events on fashion trends.
- The influence of nostalgia on fashion trends.
- The relationship between fashion and art.
- The impact of social movements on fashion trends.
- The history of men’s fashion.
- The influence of travel on fashion trends.
- The impact of the fashion industry on employment and labor practices.
- The role of media in shaping fashion trends.
- The representation of masculinity in fashion advertising and media.
- The impact of online retail on traditional brick-and-mortar fashion stores.
- The influence of cultural exchange on fashion trends.
- The impact of consumerism on the fashion industry.
- The history of women’s fashion.
- The role of consumer psychology in fashion branding and marketing.
- The impact of consumer behavior on fashion industry innovation.
- The role of sustainability in fashion branding and marketing.
- The history of children’s fashion.
- The influence of nostalgia on vintage fashion trends.
- The impact of consumer nostalgia on fashion industry marketing strategies.
- The role of storytelling in fashion branding and marketing.
- The influence of consumer personality on fashion choices.