Comprehension of different types of journalism to write a good journalism dissertation topics
If you want to have thorough information about INVESTIGATIVE, Sports, Science, or People/ Celebrity JOURNALISM, nothing to worry about!
The following article on journalism dissertation titles is going to give you all the information that you want to know, as well as provide some of the dissertation topics and ideas on journalism, useful for the journalism dissertation so that you surely get the lead among your class fellows.
1) Sports Journalism Dissertation Topics:
This area mostly covers athletic competitions and events related to sports. Commercially, it is an essential section in most newspapers, and magazines, as well as in radio and television news broadcasts, though it is considered soft news. Below are some of the ideas for writing a dissertation on sports journalism, they are:
- The impact of social media on sports journalism and how it has changed the way events are covered.
- The role of sports journalism in shaping public opinion on controversial issues in sports.
- A comparative study of sports coverage in traditional print media versus online media.
- An examination of the ethical considerations and challenges faced by sports journalists.
- The representation of women and minorities in sports journalism and the media’s influence on the portrayal of these groups in sports.
- The influence of big money on sports journalism and how it affects the integrity of coverage.
- A study of how fans perceive and consume sports news in the digital age.
- An analysis of how sports journalism has changed with the adoption of advanced analytics in sports.
- A study on how sports journalism has been affected by the rise of citizen journalism and user-generated content.
- A case study of a specific sports team or athlete and the media coverage they receive.
- Exploring new ways of covering sports events
- How to stay neutral when giving your view on sports news?
- Why sports journalism isn’t considered mainstream journalism?
- How Sports Journalism is viewed in Digital Age?
- Sports journalism is gendered based or not
- How the sports journalist is viewed from the perspective of the journalism field?
2) Investigative Journalism Dissertation Topics:
It mainly deals with the exposing of unethical or illegal behavior or actions by individuals or organizations In this kind of journalism, one digs out for the truth and identifies lapses in whatever media is available. This type of journalism is very confrontational in nature, hence tact is always required. Some of the ideas for a dissertation on investigative journalism can be:
- An investigation into political corruption and the role of big money in elections.
- An examination of police misconduct and use of force.
- A study of the impact of corporate influence on government policy and regulation.
- An investigation into the environmental impact of industry and corporations.
- An examination of the role of the media in shaping public opinion on controversial issues.
- An investigation into the financial practices of large banks and financial institutions.
- A study of the treatment of workers in low-wage industries such as fast food and retail.
- An examination of the effects of the gig economy on workers’ rights and benefits.
- An investigation into the healthcare industry, including issues such as rising costs and access to care.
- A study of the impact of technology on privacy and civil liberties.
- Considering the outcomes of investigative journalism. Will it bring a good or bad Impact?
- Is it better to report on every matter or at times, one should let it pass by without making any noise?
- .How the social media play role in investigative journalism?
Significance of investigative journalism as a media watchdog in the context of political reformation These factors can also make a great discussion topic for your investigative journalism dissertation.
3) Science journalism Dissertation Topics:
Science journalism is basically reporting science news and its related topics to the public. In this kind of journalism, the importance of delivering a report like a story is essential; because it engages the readers’ attention. Therefore the best idea for the dissertation that I can give you on this particular subject is to make sure that you include all the scientific details without going too much into detail. Be sure that a layman can grasp what you have written.
- An examination of the role of science journalism in communicating complex scientific concepts to the general public.
- A comparative study of science coverage in traditional media versus online media.
- An investigation into the use of science in public policy decision-making and the impact of science journalism on policy formation.
- A study of the representation of women and minorities in science journalism and the media’s influence on the portrayal of these groups in science.
- An analysis of the coverage of climate change in the media and how it shapes public perceptions and responses.
- A study of the impact of science journalism on public understanding of emerging technologies such as AI, gene editing, and biotechnology.
- An examination of the ethical considerations and challenges faced by science journalists.
- A study of the impact of social media on science journalism and how it shapes the way science is covered.
- An investigation into the relationship between science journalism and scientific institutions such as universities and research centers.
- A case study of a specific scientific topic or issue and the media coverage it receives.
4) Celebrity Journalism Dissertation Topics:
Running after celebrities and digging into their lives is basically celebrity journalism. It has been made famous by all the paparazzi running around these days. Great journalism dissertation ideas can be:
- Is harassment the right way in dealing with celebrities? Does it comply with media ethics?
- An examination of the impact of social media on celebrity journalism and how it has changed the way celebrities are covered.
- A study of the representation of women and minorities in celebrity journalism and the media’s influence on the portrayal of these groups.
- An investigation into the relationship between celebrities and the media, including the role of publicists and media management.
- A comparative study of celebrity coverage in traditional media versus online media.
- An analysis of the role of celebrity gossip in shaping public opinion and perceptions.
- A study of the influence of big money on celebrity journalism and how it affects the integrity of coverage.
- An examination of the ethical considerations and challenges faced by celebrity journalists.
- A study of the impact of celebrity journalism on the entertainment industry and the way it shapes the careers of celebrities.
- An investigation into the relationship between celebrity journalism and the fashion industry.
- A case study of a specific celebrity or group of celebrities and the media coverage they receive.
In my opinion, ethics should be followed in journalism, and also one should always tell truth without any biases. It is significant that your journalism dissertation topics should stick to this principle because it reflects the true essence of professional journalism.