6 Philosophy Research Paper Writing Tips
Whether you like it or not, this research paper writing is not everybody’s cup of tea for it demands in depth knowledge, sharp insight and great analytical skills but this way or the other, you have to come up with a research paper on philosophy if you want your degree in your hands. However, this a topic is assigned most to the students because they could learn and explore more about this research paper but in order to grab the attention of the reader and to score good marks students may have to go through many of the topics.
Anyhow, there are two ways to deal with this subject. Either you can write on any old school of thought or the contemporary ones such as Locke, Descartes or Hume’s. This is what you have to decide but before this, you must conduct a lot of research work on what is this term all about?
This is the only solution to address your issue but for the remaining issues, we are here to help you out. Following are some important tips that we have compiled after a careful examination of students problems.
Tips for writing philosophy research papers
- If you have an interest in philosophy then the selection of a philosopher will be very easy for you. For instance, you can write your research paper on philosophy on Thales, Empedocles, Plato, Socrates or Aristotle. Shed light on various features of their doctrines which helps in evaluating and understanding human existence.
- If you want to write a persuasive research paper then you can compare two level- headed philosophers of their time. Provide sturdy arguments in the light of authentic research based evidences to support your claim about them.
- You can also compare two philosophers of same caliber but from different times. For this, you can make two separate columns or sections of contemporary and old schools. Study, analyze and comment on them in your assignment.
- Epistemology is one of the branches of philosophy which can become the basis of your research paper. The topic is immensely informative plus you can get all the information in the world on this subject. Not only that, it provides a wide scope for discussion for a writer as well.
- Let me suggest you a theory proposed by Paul Holbach who stressed on the fact that there is no such thing as reality, we are only made fool by it and that there is no free will in the world. Our actions and reactions are totally derived from the predefined laws of nature and nothing else.
- If you want to make it more interesting and focused then you must first jot down an outline before actually commencing this research papers.
Therefore, philosophy research paper won’t be difficult until you make it difficult. All you need to do is follow the preceding six tips to ensure better quality writing.